Monday, August 6, 2007

Sweet Dreams


I woke up with a start this AM when I heard the alarm blaring and realized I’d slept through the night … the entire night. No crying. No bottles. No 2 a.m. diaper changes. Cooper had slept for over eight hours straight and instead of relishing in the warmth of this newfound joy (and my cushy, perfectly plump pillow), I was panic stricken. Bleary eyed, I darted to Coop’s room:

  • Was he breathing? Check.
  • Could he open his eyes? Check.
  • Was he running a temperature? Nope. Check.

After confirming that yes, my son, despite the lingering snottiness of a week-long cold, was in good, working order, I smiled. Could it be that we’re turning a corner and reclaiming that precious commodity that so few newbie parents are privy to? Is Cooper really going to be sleeping through the night or was this just a fluke? A freak accident to toy with my emotions?

Only time will tell. But for now, at 10:46 on Monday morning, this fully functioning-on-a-full-night’s-sleep Mommy is hopeful.

A girl can dream can’t she?

-smell you later-
Coop’s Mom (aka Tessa)

No comments: