Friday, August 31, 2007

T.G.I.F.

I have had SUCH a manic “Mommy” Morning. As I was making Coop’s breakfast bottle I realized, in our haste last night to get ready to head out of town today, that Chris and I totally blanked on the fact that we needed formula. I had just enough for one bottle, which meant I’d have to hit the store on the way to daycare to replenish the low supply. Grrr … because mornings with an infant aren’t chaotic enough as it is. =)

I skipped even thinking of turning on the hair dryer (so I’m looking G-O-O-D today!) in an effort to get us out the door early. This “extra” chunk of time was then (of course) eaten up by the fact that Coop had a diaper explosion just as I was lockin’ and loadin’ him in the car seat.

Out the door later than normal, Coop and I headed to CVS to grab him some grub. CLOSED! (Holy Hannah!).
Then we turned around and went to Walgreens. CLOSED!
(Are you friggin’ kidding me!) Then we headed straight into the heart of rush hour to go to Wal-Mart (in the complete opposite direction of daycare). Thankfully, we hit pay dirt, though we were now running about 20 minutes late. Add to this drama the fact that we live in a city where the speed limit EVERYWHERE doesn’t exceed 35 MPH and if you dare push it to 36, there’s a cop on every corner ready and waiting to pull you over. (As noted in my post about Coop’s first trip to daycare, “One Fine Day.”).

So, after the diaper drama, the scavenger hunt for formula and traffic (my heavens, the traffic), I finally rolled into work a panicked 30 minutes late.
Thank goodness for great bosses!

My fingers are crossed that the rest of the morning goes smoothly and that we can get on the road later today as planned!

-smell you later-
Coop’s Mom (aka Tessa)

1 comment:

Brian K said...

Sounds like you had a pretty rough morning. Here's to an extra wonderful weekend!

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com