Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Halloween(ie) Preview


I just got an e-mail from my friend Leigh asking what the final outcome was for Coop's Halloween costume. It's so awesome that she remembered the GREAT DEBATE Chris and I started having back in August over what Coop would wear (he wanted air freshner, I wanted a sweet pea ... see "Halloween Showdown" for details).

We have battled back and forth over this decision (you'd think we were trying to solve world peace or something), but, ultimately I played the Mom card. I told the hubby that there is a very small window of opportunity in which a mommy can cutesify her kiddo however her heart desires and so, since I care about cute way more than he cares about the possibility of Coop looking like a doof, I chose the winner ... a weinie. Well, a hot dog anyway. =)

I'd been searching the Internet ad nauseam looking for the perfect costume and just couldn't decide. But when I popped in Old Navy last weekend and saw their newborn costumes on sale for 40% off (hello, this totally fits within our debt diet), I knew I had to jump on the great deal! The choices were a pumpkin (precious, but everyone does pumpkins), a penguin (umm, a little girly for my taste) and a hot dog (the perfect combination of cute ... not too sweet and a little bit funny). I grabbed the weiner-bun combo and hit the register ... $11 - luv it!

I tried it on Coop the minute I got home and he looked so friggin' precious I could barely stand it! Can't wait to take him to a punkin' patch on Halloween all bunned out for pics! Plus, his great Grandma White bought him a Halloween onesie with a bib that says "My First Halloween" to wear to daycare (don't think his teachers would appreciate having to debun the babe every time he needs a diaper change).

Here are a few "preview" pics.






-smell you later-
Coop's Mom (aka Tessa)

No comments: