Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bill(Me) the Kid Part 6



Holy Hannah. I completely blanked on the 3-month mark of our official debt diet. It came and went this past Sunday without any kind of pomp and circumstance. The mere fact that we’ve been going at this for a 90-day stretch is worth major kudos in my book, so here goes:

Rock on! Good going! Atta’ boy (& girl)! Hooray! Yippee! Yay!

Annnd, that’s enough. =)

Now, on to the business of debt. We’ve still got it, but, thankfully, less of it. I’m not sure how much progress we’ve made since I last posted an update, but as long as we’re not backsliding into the abyss, I consider it a marked improvement. I still think of our budget as an obnoxious thorn in my side, but at this point, it’s more of a minor irritation rather than an inflamed throb (like it was during month 1 … oh, and month 2, lol).

Chris and I have become accustomed to our biweekly Sunday morning shopping trips to the grocery store and to our allowances, which are doled out every other week, as well. We’re both always on the look out for ways to stretch the money we do have, as well as trying to find ways to add more friends to the bank roll (Franklin, wouldn’t you and several of your identical siblings like to join Washington for a playdate?).

Case in point: I went shopping on Sunday with a good friend and while she nabbed some spicy red heels (with a spicy red price to match) at Dillard’s, I perused
the clearanced clearance rack at babystyle and grabbed an adorable onesie for Coop (which he didn’t need) for a whopping 7 bucks. Who-hoo! And, the only reason I indulged in that little treat was because I have my first focus group in the AM, which will pad my pocket with an extra $75 just for chatting for 20 minutes about hair care. Niiice. Can you imagine the life you could lead if your regular jobby job paid $75 for a third of an hour? That would be $468,000 a year — not too shabby.

Too bad no one pays you to whine/write about being in debt. If that were the case, I’d be RICH! =)

-smell you later-
Coop’s Mom (aka Tessa)

No comments: