Friday, September 5, 2008

so stinkin’ excited


Wednesday’s mission was to be the bestest pooper scooper ever so that the doc could (finally) figure out what was going on with Coop’s tummy. So, in between checking his diaper to see if the stench was a teasing little toot or the real deal (it was usually the former, the latter didn’t, ahem, appear, until 4 freakin’ 30! UGH!), I desperately tried to pound out some marketing copy for work.

Around 3 I took a brain break and checked my e-mail and low and behold if there wasn’t a shiny, happy message in my inbox from the peeps at Working Mother magazine (they purchased one of my personal essays months ago and it’s yet to see the light of day). One of the art chicas was requesting a work(ish) photo of me, as well as a family pic to run alongside the story. WHAT??!! You’re gonna’ run my story in a national magazine AND include a pic of my absolutely precious boys in it, too … and I get paid for this??? Hell’s bells this is the life.

I was so excited I could barely sit still. Um, that was until panic set in. It was Wednesday afternoon, she had to have pics by FRIDAY. Coop was in bed battling the bug, my roots were literally a mile long and I had no pics on record that I would even dare submit.

FREAK. OUT.

Thank goodness photography greatness just happens to exist in a friend of mine who also happens to be a miracle worker! I called Devon, of Devon J. Imagery … check out this woman’s work … it’s fierce-alicious (that’s just for you d.j.). I asked if there was any way on God’s green earth that she could put her life on hold the next day, haul ass to Dallas (from Wichita Falls) and take pics of me and the men after work.

She said yes (yay!) and yesterday evening, with freshly covered roots, fall(ish) attire (the essay is running in November) and a cranky baby, the Falk family let Devon snap, zoom and Cooper! Hey Cooper her way to some great shots.

The mag will hit stands on October 28 and I can’t wait to see it!!!! This is my No. 4 dream coming true and it feels awww-maz-ing! (Oh, and in case you were wondering, No.1 on the list was to marry the man of my dreams. Check! No. 2 was to become a mama to an amazing child. Check! No. 3 is to publish a book … guess I gotta’ get going on that one now.)

3 comments:

mimipam said...

LOVE the pic--it is very cute and you all look amazing!! It was worth all the hassle. gotta curl my locks and head out for lubbock--wish me luck--loveme

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you.

Your friend did an AMAZING job on the pic!!! Precious of Cooper--as usual.

Yay, yay and YAY for you!!!

BIG hugs,
~Leigh

The Buster Bunch said...

Yea Tess! That's awesome!!! Love the pic too. Cute family :)