Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Time, Please Stop Flying By


NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! I was just reading a fellow blogger’s entry about her daughter turning 1. As she was waxing poetic about this monumental feat, all I could think was NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Though I post a “Happy, ‘Birthday,’ Baby” entry every month to commemorate Coop’s “new” age, it is always tinged a tad with bittersweet sentiment for me. I want to see Coop grow and change and develop into the kick-ass kid (and man – gasp!) I know he is destined to be, I just HATE that it is all happening so incredibly, ridiculously fast.

Since day one (literally) I have always heeded the advice of others: “Enjoy every day, they grow up so fast.” I thought if I took the time to truly marinate in every moment, every milestone then I wouldn’t be sad to see them replaced with new moments, new milestones.

Wrong!

I have realized that moms (or is it just me?) live in a world replete with contradictions: YAY! Coop is eating peas! Wait, what? Coop is eating peas? You mean he’s chomping down on real food? What happened to cuddling on the couch with a bottle?

Arrgghh. It’s exhausting being so inexplicably torn between two emotions flanked on either side of the spectrum.

Time flies by. My emotions stand still. And this mommy needs a nap from both.

-smell you later-
Coop’s Mom (aka Tessa)

No comments: