Thursday, January 10, 2008

L.A. (Not-So) Confidential



In the early days of mommyhood, like so many other newbie ’rents, I often became overwhelmed when Coop would launch into an inconsolable tear fest. At a loss for what to do, I often joined him — tear for steam-rolling crocodile tear.

But then, one beautiful, fateful, sun-filled day, my little guy and I had a breakthrough. And, like any would-be writer, I later sat down at my laptop to capture every precious detail in the hope that I would one day be able to share our milestone-ish moment with other mommies.

Fast forward a smattering of months and YAY, the piece is now in print. Better yet? The essay, entitled ‘Mommy, Can You Hear Me Now?’, is circulating in L.A.!!!

Tucked inside the pages of L.A. Parent’s B.A.B.Y. magazine is my little tribute to the first mommy-and-me conversation Coop and I ever had.

We haven't stopped "talking" since ...

-smell you later-
Coop’s Mom (aka Tessa)

1 comment:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

What a sweet article. :) Thanks for sharing it with us.