Sunday, January 13, 2008

Aspiring Author



A blank wall behind my desk has been staring at me, taunting me to fill it for over a year. And I'm finally going to.

Yesterday, while the hubby was napping, I stripped Coop down to his diaper, drug out my absolute favorite gift Chris ever bought me ... a vintage typewriter ... and let the two play while I went mama-razzo on the scene. Coop was so precious clanking around on the keys, I had visions of his future as a famous writer.

Well, a mommy can always dream, can't she?

Even if Coop forgoes a career involving the written word, at least this little setting provided some awesome pics and some much-needed inspiration for me as I set out to tackle yet another one of my goals ... writing a children's book (and getting it published!!!).

Here's hoping a story with "Coop" as the main character pops up on the Barnes & Noble shelves someday.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not think it was possible for me to love that lil guy more--but those typing pics put me way over the top into psycho mimi level!! He is so precious...is he sitting up by himself now???? Love you all melanoma mimi!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw! Adorable pics! And I'm so happy for you getting a job. :)

I'm so happy you are pursuing that childrens' book. You can totally do it!