Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy "Birthday," Baby


Ack! Coop is 9 months old today.

He has now been in my arms just as long as he was in my tummy.

Sniff. Sniff.

I adore watching him grow and change and develop new skills, but at the same time I'm saddened that my little baby is turning into a little boy.

Just last night Chris was scanning through the pics on our camera and he said, "Look at this picture. He looks like such a little boy! He looks like he's Brock's age [a friend of ours who is 3!!!!]."

In the past few weeks Cooper has "discovered" things below the belt, adopted two new sounds -- baby bird and "ba! ba!" (could that mean ma! ma! in another language, perhaps?) -- started spewing food because he thinks it's funny and developed a passion for trying to crawl, not making any headway and then throwing a fit.

Oh, and as you can see, he no longer likes to sleep longways in bed. (Terrified of a SIDS-like incident, I immediately plopped him on his back and tucked him in tight when I saw him sneak into this position on the baby monitor. Not before snapping a couple of pics first, though ... of course.).

No comments: