Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shoppin’ in Cyberspace


B.C. (Before Cooper), I wasn’t much of an online shopper. But now, with the winter weather rollin’ in and never knowing whether the babe will love or loathe the frantic excitement of a Christmas spending spree, I’m finding myself lured more and more to the ease of the Internet. Plus, I’m a ridiculous creature of habit and I always frequent the same stores, meaning the same selection of gifts. Online, however, I can google and yahoo and dogpile my way out of my proverbial box and find great ideas that aren’t clogging the Target shelves (my favorite shopping haunt). Bonus? My little guy doesn’t have to suffer, see picture (this is Coop, all pink-cheeked from going from 30-degree temps into 100-degree temps in an overcrowded department store. Sorry, buddy!).

As I’ve been inspired to give the gift less given this Christmas, I’ve compiled some of my fav sites (with the help of fellow co-worker and online-a-holic, Wilson) in an effort to keep the spirit of the shopping season flowing: Share your insider secrets with other shoppers as you would have them share with you (hint! hint!).

For a collection of ideas that can be customized based on your giftee’s gender, personality and interest, visit Gifts.com.

Got a world traveler on your list? Check out Flight001.com. I snagged an incredibly cool gift for my lil’ sis and brother-in-law on this site.

For inspired ideas, swing by Uncommongoods.com.

If personalization is the name of the game, try Zazzle.com,, Shutterfly.com, or Snapfish.com.

And last, but certainly not least, if you’re looking for that completely random “present” (think yodeling pickles – hecka yeah!), you have to see McPhee.com.

Happy Hunting!

-smell you later-
Coop’s Mom (aka Tessa)

2 comments:

samokdaddy said...

hey, I think you'll really get into online shopping when your kids get a little older also. We've got a 4 year old and a 2 year old. The last thing people in Sears want to see is two kids fighting over an old blanket or a beat up plastic princess wand. J and I have been subject to some embarassing situations

Meg said...

These are awesome Web sites! Thanks!