Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mommified Holiday Tunes

Coop and I were cuddling on the couch earlier, getting caught up on our reading (OK, I was reading to him and he was trying to eat the pages), when I found the greatest mommy-infused holiday songs to sing to the babe (he loves to be sung too ... gotta' get it all in now before he realizes that mommy is so incredibly tone def that she makes dogs howl!).

On the back page of the December/January issue of babytalk magazine, there are four classic songs, revamped with the holiday mommy in mind ... I've posted two of my favs below:

Single Bills (um, this one totally applies to my current situation! Lol)
Dashing through the mall with a baby on my hip
I lose sight of all my reasons for this trip
Gifts for Gran and Gramps, plus my Uncle Sid
It's more fun to blow my cash on outfits for my kid

Oh single bills, single bills, now that's all I've got
Spent my tens and twenties and my budget's really shot
Baby hats, baby shoes - yikes I bought a lot!
Sorry Uncle, Grans and Gramps, but you'll be gettin' squat!

Dreidel in the Cradle (never too early to start exposing Coop to different religions)
I had a little dreidel
An heirloom made of clay
A gift from Great Aunt Lettie
It bit the dust today

Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
Who thought it was okay
To let the baby hold you?
Oy vey vey vey vey vey

-smell you later-
Coop's Mom (aka Tessa)

No comments: