Monday, February 11, 2008

Holy Crap!

Last Saturday evening I was on the couch reading a book on how to get my children's story published, Chris was filling out insurance info at the dining "room" table and Coop was in his bouncer. I know, I know, hot night, right!!??

Anywhoo, I got up to go sign one of the forms and as I glanced over at my happy little baby bouncing his butt off, all things suddenly stood still.

Where there had been cream-colored carpet beneath the bouncer only mere minutes before, there was now a circular brown formation.

It was like a creepy crop circle that mystically appeared out of nowhere.

Huge. Brown. Stink.

My baby was going all "Lord of the Dance" in his poo!!! On the carpet. GROUND IN.

"Oh, my God!" I cried out.

Chris jumped up, thinking something had happened to Coop. He says I went all "deer in the headlights" and I'm sure that I did. I was frozen, my eyes drawn to the spot like a force field.

"Do something," Chris shouted (umm, didn't we discuss this with the choking incident??!!).

I snatched the oozing baby and headed for the tub and left Chris to scour (and scour and scour) the carpet.

I scrubbed the baby, the bathtub, his clothes, my clothes. Then we headed to Wal-Mart because the cleaner we had at the house wasn't cutting, um, the mustard.

Several hours and several cleaning sessions later, the expansive spot has dulled from a deep brown to a nice, warm khaki.

Aww, babies ... coloring your world at every turn.

No comments: